Thursday, July 26, 2012

Fill in the Blank

My daughter and I had a good bit of fun today as we played a few fill in the blank games. O.K., here is the truth, I was playing the games and she walked in on me. She said, “Oh, those are easy.” Well, that was grounds for a challenge. The competition started. We played middle school geometry first. I got 9 out of 10 and she got all 10. Next we played 10 Largest U.S. Cities. I missed one and she missed two. Finally, we played 10 Largest U.S. States. We both got them all correct.

Games are a fun way to academically engage your child without it being too much like work. Friendly competition makes it even more fun. Since back-to-school is just around the corner, the games are a great way to find out areas you might need to fine tune a little. I think we need to work on U.S. cities!

Here is a list of Which Word? or Fill in the Blank games you might find fun to play.

Circus Words

10 Largest US Cities

Treasure Island

3rd-4th Gr. Sound Alikes

Capitonyms

Middle School Geometry

5th-6th Gr. Sound Alikes

The Black Stallion

Charlotte's Web

Upper Grade Sound Alikes

Dinosaurs

10 Largest US States

Science

Harry Potter Words

Leave a comment telling me which games you and/or your child played. Which was your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment