Boredom doesn't have to be a downer at all, simply use it as a wake-up call to freshen up your schooling. If your homeschool highschooler is practicing for the SAT, try interactive SAT games to spice things up. If you study history mostly via a textbook, try watching Drive Through History videos. They are awesome--funny and educational. Add hands-on life skills to your day. Have school in the back yard or at the local park.
5 Boredom Busters for Homeschool
- Make a video about a particular topic rather than writing a report.
- Start a student blog. Take time to enjoy designing the blog.
- Hold a song writing competition within your family. (Yes, you need to award prizes!)
- Invent something using things found around your home. It doesn't have to be useful, just creative.
- Let you highschooler be the teacher for the day.